Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh so sweet :)


I don't know if it is completely nerd-like of me to be stoked about this or not...but a friend of mine was sweet enough to pass on a little bloggy award! Thanks for the love, Lindsay!

Here are the rules that come with the Superior Scribbler award....
1. Each Superior Scribbler that I name today must pass the award on to 5 most-deserving bloggy friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom she/he has received the award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on her blog, and link to this post, which explains the award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

To those that inspire me with their hearts and words, and consistently give me goosebumps (which, by the way, is a good thing!):

Kelly's Blog (I'll link it once I receive permission!)
http://girlfullyalive.blogspot.com/
http://whereherfeetland.blogspot.com/
http://diamondsonhersoles.blogspot.com/
http://relevantdisciple.blogspot.com/ (<-- way to be, Pratt, for being the only dude I know who keeps a blog!)

My thought of the day:

Ponder for a moment how you might fight fatigue in doing good. For instance, maybe we're really nice or helpful to others for a time, and sooner or later we tire of it and continue on about our lives. Does that make sense? Makes your head hurt a little bit, huh? Then maybe, just maybe, it's something you should be thinking about more often. Maybe we should continually strive to do good in this world with authentic acts of kindness and love WITHOUT ulterior motives of any kind...can you even fathom what this world would look like? Yeah, me neither. But we can try to do good. How about you and me, right here, right now, make an effort for our fellow man. Whatever your gifting is, whatever you are good at, use that to help someone or improve their day. Don't try to do something because so-and-so did and that made a difference. We're created unique for a reason (I'll let you ponder my underlying meaning in that and maybe someday soon I'll blog about that, too).

I'll share with you my little bits that I've tried this week:

1. I like to smile. A LOT. So of course I began genuinely smiling at strangers. I'm talking at least two seconds of eye contact and a "hello" or "good afternoon". Ok, that sounds so frickin' cheesy it's not even funny. But it makes you feel good. And sometimes you get a funny response like I did yesterday, this lady just looked at me like I was nuts for the first second of eye contact, and then broke out of her "zone" and smiled back, genuinely. I hope it brightened her day.
2. Writing meaningful letters or emails to friends and family to encourage them.

I don't tell you these things because I want to toot my horn. Not at all. I'm just expressing my belief that even the tiniest acts of kindness matter. You may not be in war zones saving lives (thank you, Veterans) or a missionary in a jungle working as a doctor, or fighting injustice in our legal system...but leading an authentic life of love and kindness is a beautiful thing. And that in and of itself will leave a lasting mark on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment