Monday, April 27, 2009

Courage

I keep meditating on this idea of courage and faith, and God keeps bringing me back to his word. In some small way, I'm feeling a bit like Joshua before the Israelites made it to the promised land. Not that I'm going in to take possession of a land I do not know, but I am directed to go to a land I do not know. To complete a task that I really cannot do on my own, but only with my God at my right hand.

I have this huge task ahead of me to raise the proper amount of funds and take off for Africa this fall. It seems daunting. I need to get about $5,000 to go, and half of that is the plane ticket alone. I'm seeing the deadline approach and part of me is scared, part of me wonders if I'll actually make it there, and as far as I can see, I still do not have a traveling companion to go with me. There are so many unknowns. Like, the daily life and my tasks I am to accomplish while I am there. What exactly will the work I am doing consist of? Is my going even worth it, or should I simply send the funds ahead of me? Am I even ready? The questions feel endless.

My conviction is this: God has a journey ahead of me, nothing will hinder that.

Psalm 27:13-14
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord."

Deuteronomy 31:7-8
Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land that the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall put them in possession of it. It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. do not fear or be dismayed."

Isaiah 41:8-10
But you, Israel, my servant,
Jacob whom I have chosen,
the offspring of Abraham, my friend;
you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, "You are my servant,
I have chosen you and not cast you off";
fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed,
for I am your God;
I will strengthen you,
I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment