Thursday, October 14, 2010

Even More

There's a lot to say. Much has changed, all accredited to God. I love Him more than ever before and I'm confident this love will only continue to grow as the years progress. I asked my small group to write something - anything - to express why they cherish the sacrifice of Jesus in hopes that even if it's small now, the love and the reasons for the love would grow and abound in their hearts over the years. I can't help but put my example here. Imperfect in its hasty composition, but perfect in emotion and joy for all that it means to me.

The secret part of my soul
The secrets I speak of to no other soul
The wounds and sorrows
The ugliness of my self You know
I need not hide them
You lay them bare
And wipe them clean
You heal, redeem and restore
I love thee for thy Great Love
It wavers not
For You love all of me.

The outward life -
Life that is messy,
And human in desire and will
The one who burns with anger
Or weeps in sorrow
The one who sins
The careless hurt that seeps out
You call me loved
The mess is forgiven
I am a child, soothed and instructed
And disciplined in heart.
Your mercy resounds.

The war that rages on
You are sovereign over.
The sinful and painful desires
In the depths of my heart You claim
You make them over and over again
Until they are right with You
The sin disappears in light,
in sweet redemption
in the cleansing of blood
The simplest peace settles
It claims the battle and calls it done
And I rest in Your might.

The once messy child
Is not coddled, but cherished.
She is loved in her nature
And slowly reared in the Way
Grown up to love her Lord
Only by His patience and care
His devotion and grace pave her way to Him
She knows His voice and
Sees the gentle work of His hand
And smiles up at His face
As she sits at His feet
There is no other love here
All has disappeared
And a life destined for destruction,
now sanctified and consecrated
At ready to reveal the Glory of the King

No comments:

Post a Comment