Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Prayer

This girl needs prayer. Whew. Obviously I've had quite the rough and tumble week. It's not every day I get hit by a car and walk away. I was talking with Beth earlier today and she just smiled at me, "God is doing something huge in your life, Bo-nanne. It's written all over you." This statement followed by, "Are you starting to pull out of this accident what you need to learn?" I laughed. Not even in the slightest, I don't think. I want to have an answer, or some sort of life wisdom to pull from it, I just haven't figured it out yet. I haven't let my thoughts and emotions get to the point of needing the answer so bad that is debilitating. I'm simply resting and praying that God would show me in His timing. That seems to be my answer right now. Everything comes with God's timing and attention to perfect detail.

I'm still in the place of life I mentioned in my "Growing Pains" note: working my 8-5 job, volunteering where I can, doing ministry where I'm called...and all of it seeming so fleeting because all of this world will pass away at some point. And what I'm left with is the cross, and what I'm left doing is clinging to it for dear life - in a beautiful way. God has it all in order for me. Slowly my control-freak personality is wasting away (I hear her screaming as she falls off a cliff...wait, wait, that was a bit morbid, let me try again: I hear her fading quietly as if I were turning down the volume on the TV before it mutes altogether. There!). I still don't know what's ahead after Africa, or if there is an "after", maybe I am supposed to be there for the rest of my life. Who knows. The joy I have right now is completely and solely in Christ.

All of that to be said...I need prayer. Prayer that I would continue to cling to the cross, that I would rest in the assurance that God will bring along the perfect amount of support for this trip, that I would trust Him and love Him, that my heart would be prepared for the work He has for me each day (now and in Africa). Oh, and that my body would find recovery and healing, soon. Although I'm enjoying the rest, the pain is really difficult to manage and deal with.

Thank you, prayer warriors. You are such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment